Businesses, to succeed, need to have a deep understanding of their customers. Businesses now have unprecedented access to a wide variety of different types of customer data from which to gain customer insights. The intelligent use (e.g., analysis, dissemination) of this data can help businesses deliver a better customer experience both at the group level and at the individual level.
I had the opportunity to interview Mark Myers of IBM to learn more about how different sources of customer information can be used to provide a 360° view of the customer. Mark is the Senior Product Marketing Manager of InfoSphere Data Explorer for IBM. You can see the interview below in the Google Hangout recording. In this brief interview, I asked Mark these five questions:
- Can you define what you mean by "360° view of the customer"?
- How does the approach of the "360° view of the customer" differ from the traditional CRM systems that were designed to give employees a comprehensive view of the customer?
- What different sources of information do you combine to deliver a better customer experience? And how is this information combined/integrated with each other?
- How are analytics used in helping companies deliver the right customer information to employees?
- Can you recommend an approach on how companies can get a quick return on their investment when trying to implement an enhanced view of their customers?