I am Business over Broadway (B.O.B.). I am also the Director of Content at Appuri. I like to solve problems using the scientific method. My interests are at the intersection of customer experience, Big Data and analytics.
What I Do
I conduct research in the area of big data, data science, customer feedback (e.g., identify best practices in CX programs, reporting methods and loyalty measurement) and provide consultation services to companies to help them improve how they use their customer data through proper integration and analysis.
Recognition as Subject Matter Expert
- Ranked #5 Data Science Influencer (April, 2016)
- Ranked #7 Big Data Expert (February, 2016)
- Ranked #2 Customer Experience Author (January, 2016)
- Ranked #14 Big Data Expert (January, 2016)
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Hero (Sept, 2015)
- Ranked #8 Big Data Expert (January, 2015)
- Ranked #14 Big Data & Customer Experience (February, 2014)
- Ranked #27 Big Data Expert (November 2013)
- Ranked 25 Big Data Expert (July 2013)
I have over 25 years of consulting and research experience in enterprise and midsize companies, including Oracle, Agilent Technologies, Sophos, Virtual Instruments, Netsmart Technologies and Genstar Capital. I have managed customer satisfaction research as an employee to Fortune 500 firms, and as an independent consultant. I have published numerous articles in both scientific and trade journals and presented at national and international conferences as a keynote speaker on such topics as customer experience management (CEM) best practices, implications of Big Data for CEM and selecting the right loyalty metric.
- TCE: Total Customer Experience: Building business through customer-centric measurement and analytics
- Measuring Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty: How to develop and use customer surveys
- Beyond the Ultimate Question: Customer feedback programs best practices
Social Media Presence
- University of Washington, BS, 1985
- Bowling Green State University, MA, 1987
- Bowling Green State University, PhD, 1992