I am Business over Broadway (B.O.B.). I am also the Chief Research Officer at Appuri. I like to solve problems using the scientific method. My interests are at the intersection of customer experience, Big Data and analytics.
What I Do
I conduct research in the area of big data, data science, customer feedback (e.g., identify best practices in CX/Customer Success programs, reporting methods and loyalty measurement) and help them improve how they use their customer data through proper integration and analysis.
Recognition as Subject Matter Expert
- Ranked #1 Customer Experience Author (January, 2017)
- Ranked #5 Data Science Influencer (April, 2016)
- Ranked #7 Big Data Expert (February, 2016)
- Ranked #2 Customer Experience Author (January, 2016)
- Ranked #14 Big Data Expert (January, 2016)
- IBM Big Data and Analytics Hero (Sept, 2015)
- Ranked #8 Big Data Expert (January, 2015)
- Ranked #14 Big Data & Customer Experience (February, 2014)
- Ranked #27 Big Data Expert (November 2013)
- Ranked 25 Big Data Expert (July 2013)
I have over 25 years of consulting and research experience in enterprise and midsize companies, including Oracle, Agilent Technologies, Sophos, Virtual Instruments, Netsmart Technologies and Genstar Capital. I have managed customer satisfaction research as an employee to Fortune 500 firms, and as an independent consultant. I have published numerous articles in both scientific and trade journals and presented at national and international conferences as a keynote speaker on such topics as customer experience management (CEM) best practices, implications of Big Data for CEM and selecting the right loyalty metric.
- TCE: Total Customer Experience: Building business through customer-centric measurement and analytics
- Measuring Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty: How to develop and use customer surveys
- Beyond the Ultimate Question: Customer feedback programs best practices
Social Media Presence
- University of Washington, BS, 1985
- Bowling Green State University, MA, 1987
- Bowling Green State University, PhD, 1992